Destiny
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Destiny

Devoted mainly to Destiny Brigade, it's members and the various Online and MMO games we play. Created as a meeting place in which to share info, pics, and fun.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

M-gear Guide

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shiiny

Shiiny

M-gear Guide Empty
PostSubject: M-gear Guide   M-gear Guide Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 9:46 pm

Pause's Newbie Guide to Reverse Engine
credits to Pause

Introduction

So you finally got to level 40 as an M-gear, and have gotten Reverse Engine. As you may already know,reverse engine is the best skill M-gears have at their disposal during duels and dogfighting. There are many ways to manipulate your enemy into doing what YOU want them to do, and turning the tide on a fight. However, this skill takes plenty of practice to get good at, and if you try hard enough, you can become a force to be reckoned with.

Differences between "Reverse Engine" and "Back Move Mach"

First of all, I'd like to clear out some misconseptions for the new players out there that believe Reverse engine (M-gear) and Bach Move Mach (B, I-gear) are the same skill. It's not, there are many differences that separate the two, and make one skill superior to the other:

RE is a toggle skill (as in, you can turn it on and off), BMM is not
    BMM has a determined distance (1000m) of backwards movement, RE does not
    RE allows free 360 degree control of your gear, BMM does not
    Skill cost: RE costs 3 SP per second, BMM costs 60(b-gear)/80(I-gear) on the spot

Here are just a few of the differences. As you can see, RE is a much more useful skill than BMM, and gives M-gears a bigger advantage over everyone else.

Controlling Reverse Engine

When you first start out using RE, you might find it a bit hard to control and steer yourself with reverse engine. When using RE, the controls shift into invert mouse movement (or if you're inverted, i think it goes to normal mouse movement), as in to make your gear go up, you move your mouse down, to go left you turn your mouse right etc. This might be a common knowledge to most M-gear users, but it's best to remember how it works in order to use it effectively.

Things to know while using RE

While using RE, here are some things to keep in mind that can effect your gameplay:

When in reverse, your gear might go off the screen, making it hard, or impossible, to heal yourself
    With RE, any engine can go 0 speed (RE Feathering)
    Your mouse becomes inverted.
    Different engines have different max speeds in reverse
    Boosting then toggling RE can result in an almost instant stall
    DO NOT KEEP YOURSELF IN ENEMY VIEW WITH RE

Nifty Tricks with RE

There are some simple tricks that can be used with RE that can affect your fighting techniques. If you can get good with these tricks, you can find ways to use them to your advantage:

Reverse Barrel Roll
When you use normally barrel roll, depending on your speed you will either stand still and barrel roll, or move forward while barrel rolling. However, if you iniciate RE while barrel rolling, instead of moving forward, you will be able to move backwards to your content during the barrel roll. As in, you can stop, move backwards, and stop again, all in one barrel roll.

Launcher
If you are moving backwards in RE, and toggle it off, instead of stopping, you will be launched forward at about 100 m/s or more, depending on the speed you were moving at while in RE

RE Feathering
With RE, any engine can go 0m/s. This is where RE feathing goes in. With a fast engine and RE toggled, feather the "S" key similarly to the spacebar while boostriding (feathering)

Fighting Techniques with Reverse Engine

These are all techniques used during fighting (mainly dueling and circling)that can use RE in order to put you in advantageous situations. Try these out to your heart's content, they are just some tricks i use during dogfights:

Reverse Turn-Around

This trick is especially useful while fighting in a fast engine. What you do is iniciate RE, hold S and move your mouse to one of the bottom corners. What this does is make you turn at the most extreme angle you can, and do it slower (since you are moving upwards, your speed decreases). This causes a sort of somersault-esque movement, which is a quicker way to turn instead of moving that full circle, which can actually put you in danger. The best times to use this is when fighting a fast-engine I-gear. When they boost at you from a far range and lauch their salvos, they will most likely boost past you until they get to a safe distance. What you want to do is boost towards them, barrel roll their missiles, and the second the missiles pass you and the I-gear starts moving past you, start doing the Turn-around. If done quick enough, you can become the chaser and narrow the distance between you two, especially the next time the I-gear tries to boost and launch salvos again.

RE Fake-out

This is good to use while circling and close combat. When fighting, at times there will be a moment where you and your opponent will be directly facing each other. At this moment, you will most likely launch missiles and barrel roll, like you always do. what you want to do after this is move a bit forward. They will begin turning. THIS IS THE MOMENT TO MAKE YOUR MOVE. Once they even START turning, jump into RE, move a bit backwards until you are behind them looking at their rear. Toggle RE off, and stay behind them as long as you can. you can probably unload a few missiles at this time. If you lose your spot, do this trick over and over again until the enemy is down.

Videos:

Mgear Basics by Pause:
http://files.filefront.com/M+gearguidewmv/;10795819;/fileinfo.html

Mgear Basics Guide by Kage:
Low Res: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Dzk7H6a95U
High Res: http://files.filefront.com/Mgear+Basics+…;/fileinfo.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/neo_0ne

M-gear Guide
Page 1 of 1